Monday, February 11, 2008

The Old Lady and the Lottery Ticket

UPDATE: I didn't win the jackpot :(

The nicest thing happened to me today:
I was standing in front of a store, waiting for the city bus, it was FREEZING outside, and I noticed a little old lady standing next to me, shivering. I asked her if she was OK, and she said that she had been waiting for the bus for a long time and was very cold. I told her that she could wait inside the store, where it was warm, and that I would call her when the bus came. Five minutes later, I went to tell her that it had arrived. As we were boarding the bus, she handed me a lottery ticket that she had bought for me in the store and said that I was "so sweet to worry about her."
I was totally floored. I really hadn't done much of anything. I think that it was so sweet of her to have bought me a present.
Anyway, the jackpot is $150 million. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet of her, but even if for some reason you don't win the 150mil, you still won a prize in shomayim!
Tizku L'mitzvos

Batya said...

Tizki l'mitzvot; that's the big prize.
What a wonderful little ol' lady.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

o, wow that was so thoughtful of her and you.
I remember by HS when we had to wait for the city bus, there was an apartment building we used to all wait in and one person would go out once a while to check if a bus is coming...memories