Friday, May 16, 2008

Some Links That Are Worth Your Time


Yeah, I know, it's Friday, and you're soooo busy, yadda yadda. But steal a few minutes to check these out:

Over at Conversations in Klal, ProfK and Moshe are spearheading an effort to create a website that lists information about all of the Jewish schools so that parents can do their research before choosing a school for their children. This is a very worthwhile effort, because all that parents have to go on right now is a confusing mess of rumors and innuendo.

Shiloh Musings has posted an astonishing story about a woman who discovered that she was never really Jewish, and faced this heartbreak with integrity and courage. This woman's experience speaks volumes about the need for caution when facilitating conversions to Judaism.

OK, now go to the stove and check on the chicken- I think it's burning!

Shabbat Shalom to all.

2 comments:

Batya said...

It's rare for me to post such a long article from someplace else, but I really consider it an important lesson.

Thanks for the link.

Baila said...

My chicken did not burn, I cooked it last night, so I would have less to do today so I get to the pool (see my latest post) (did I just give myself a plug??? ); I did not turn on the computer until 6:00. Now I have to turn it off, because Shabbat is starting soon!

Shabbat Shalom.