Supermangirl came home from day camp today with a quarter-size burn through the palm of her hand. Apparently, the camp thought that this was a great day to play outside (temperatures hit 90 degrees Farenheit today and the sun was very strong) and took the girls to a local playground. The metal bars of the jungle gym were so hot that Supermangirl's hand was burned on contact.
I called the doctor, the pharmacist, and my-mother-the-nurse, and followed their directions to treat it. But the poor child is in a lot of pain, and cries out anytime her hand touches anything (including water).
So parents, teachers, babysitters- beware. Don't allow your child to play on playground equipment that contains metal bars or parts if there is a possibility that the metal may be overheated.
Free Offer for All CNN and BBC Journalists - Ever read a headline and think...OMG, that's so stupid? I did that when I saw this headlines: And two things struck me right away. The first is symbolic of...
1 day ago