Wednesday, August 13, 2008

To B, the Bride

I spoke last night to an old friend of mine who is getting married in a few weeks. We have seen each other only a handful of times since she moved out of state almost 20 years ago. B is beautiful, smart, funny, and empathetic and her friendship is one that I have always valued. (Incidentally, it is B who first called me "SuperRaizy", way back in high school.)
When I reached her on her cellphone, she was completing her bridal registry at Pottery Barn and trying to figure out how to work those item zappers. I told her how much I wish that I could attend the wedding, and she told me how much she wishes that I could be there.
Some of the things I didn't tell her, but I hope she knows:
How thrilled I am for her that she has found happiness with a great guy.
That I wish them both years and years of smooth sailing together.
How glad I am that we are still friends, despite the many years of physical distance.
That I hope that we will be able to celebrate the next occasion together.
So, to B and her fiance- Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. May you guys be blessed with every happiness in the world.
Love always,
Raizy

5 comments:

Leora said...

Congrats to your friend! We just got an invitation to a wedding for which we are so happy for the couple...I can relate to being happy that dear folks are getting married.

Baila said...

Always good to hear good things.

Mazal Tov!

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

Mazel Tov to your friend!

Anonymous said...

Mazal tov, and happiness always!

Anonymous said...

Superraizy,
I am touched and honored. Thank you for your beautiful words, and wonderful friendship. BTW I always knew you had superpowers!!!!!!
A big hug,
B
(almost 2 months and going strong!) :)