Thursday, August 5, 2010

It's Time For Me To Fly Away

Oh boy, this is much harder than I thought it would be.

I haven't posted here in a long time and that is because I have been trying to figure out how to say goodbye.
It's been two and a half years since I started SuperRaizy and being part of this little corner of the blogging world has been a really wonderful experience for me. I started blogging because I was feeling sad and lonely and overwhelmed by my responsibilities at work and at home, and the emotional outlet that being part of this community has provided for me has been invaluable. I have learned so much from reading about your challenges and successes, and being exposed to a whole new range of opinions has opened my eyes on a lot of issues. I am a smarter and more tolerant person now because of our discussions.

But most of all, the friendships that I have formed with some of you has been the most amazing part of all. Making friends with people from around the world whom you have never actually met?! Who woulda thunk it? Definitely not me. But strangely enough, there are now men and women in Israel, in France, in Canada, and yes, even in New Jersey that I now consider to be my friends despite the fact that they don't even know my real name. And because I don't want to just walk away, I will be friending some of you on Facebook so we can continue to keep in touch (and hey, if you want to "ignore" me, I'll understand. I'm not looking to invade anyone's personal space).

Now that my children are older (Flash will be starting college in a year!) I have started thinking about my own personal and professional goals. For the first time since my divorce 10 years ago, I am looking forward to the future instead of just feeling stuck in the day-to-day challenges of the present.


I will still be checking in from time to time to see what y'all are up to. And I might post an update or two at some point if anything exciting happens. But for now, I bid you guys adieu and I remain yours truly,

SuperRaizy

23 comments:

tesyaa said...

Goodbye (sniff sniff)! I'm glad you're doing well!

Mrs. S. said...

We'll miss you!

ProfK said...

Hatzlachah in any and all things you're going to do for yourself. If you choose to pop in occasionally we'll be glad to welcome you back, if even for a minute.

And what do you mean Flash is a year from college?! Wowie time has passed awfully quickly.

mother in israel said...

That makes me sad and happy at the same time. Hope you'll stop by and visit occasionally.
-Hannah

Staying Afloat said...

Tzaischem l'shalom. I wish you all well in future endeavors.

Sounds so formal, and yet, so true.

Leora said...

We've been quietly wondering how you are doing. Maybe some day my son and Flash will meet...but we may never know that they did.

Be well and take care!

Signed, your friend in New Jersey

Baila said...

I've also been wondering how you're doing. I check your site fairly often and always here Tom starting his conversation....I wish you all the best, and yes, I'd love to see you on facebook....

Risa Tzohar said...

I have your site on my Google Reader and will know when you've updated. It's important to do things in the 'real' world too. Now is a very good time to pursue your dreams. Best of luck!

G6 said...

I look forward as well to reading even sporadic updates about you in my Google Reader.
Maybe when the kids get married.
It's sooner than you think ;)
Thanks for entertaining us all this time.

SuperRaizy said...

Thank you, guys!

Batya said...

Good luck, and please pop in to visit sometime...

Eees said...

I'm really going to miss your posts;I really enjoyed reading them. At least I still get to speak with you in real time or on Fb. :)

Hatzlacha in all you do!!

Lion of Zion said...

best of luck!

Lady-Light said...

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!
I get very emotional about these things; I feel as if you and all my other blogger friends are my virtual family, and that you will be on the JBlogosphere forever!

Look, you do what you need to do, but I will miss your blog.

I am also on Facebook and look forward--nay, expect--you to friend me! Hatzlachah in all your endeavors!

SuperRaizy said...

Lady Light-
Awww, thank you. But didn't your Mama teach you that nothing lasts forever?
I'll go look for you on Facebook.

Shimshonit said...

I'll miss you, but you're bowing out of blogging for the best of all possible reasons. I'm happy for you, and will continue to think of you. Best of luck.

nmf #7 said...

Just seeing this now- wishing you the best of luck!!

Anonymous said...

like NMF #7 - just seeing this now, hatzlacha with everything. Enjoy yourself!

debka@israel said...

baazlaha! i hope you will come back soon or maybe just start new blog where you will discuss things that important for you now, after all changes you have been through.

Jack Steiner said...

Just checking in. Hope the chagim and life have been good.

The Rebbetzin's Husband said...

Just saw this now. Hatzlachah, and thanks for all the posts.

A Soldier's Mother said...

Hope you'll friend me so we can stay in touch. If leaving the blog for now is the healthy thing to do for you, than I'm glad you are doing it. It's too easy to let this world of computers and touching from afar take over so that we ignore the real world. Looking forward to when you come back and post here, when you want to...and hope you'll friend me on Facebook so we can follow each other there.

Bat Mitzvah gift said...

wishing you the best of luck!