Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Resurfacing

I haven't posted anything in nearly 10 days, which in blog-land is an eternity, so my apologies to anyone who may have visited and did not find anything new to read.

First off, I need to mention how nice it was to find that three fellow bloggers have included me in their "Favorite Blogs" posts. Ilana-Davita, Leora, and Baila- please know that the feelings are reciprocated. I greatly enjoy reading your posts, and I consider you friends as well.
I am not going to participate in the "7 Favorite Blogs" challenge, simply because I have too many favorites to narrow down. I have learned so much from reading the blogs of others. I particularly appreciate that this is the only forum that I know of where men and women can freely communicate with each other that is free of the constraints that the frum world usually places on male-female friendships. (For example, if I want to give a shout-out to Rafi G., who has a wife, 7 children, and semicha, I can do so without fearing that some insane Vaad Tznius is going to break my kneecaps because I dared to speak to a man. Observe: Yo, Rafi! Love your blog, dude! See? I'm still in one piece.)
Anyway.
To those of you who will be at the NBN bloggers conference in Jerusalem- I'll be watching from New York (so I can see you but you can't see me- kinda creepy, huh?). I'd love it if someone gave me a shout-out from there- just look in the camera and scream "Hi Raizy!" I'd get a big kick out of it.
(I also wanted to thank those of you who wished a refuah shleimah to my daughter after she burned her hand. I am happy to report that her hand is healing nicely.)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind comment.

Lion of Zion said...

there was an article in today's (?) daily news about burn dangers in neighborhood parks

Leora said...

This is a very nice post, Raizy. I'm going to put it on my variations to the blog theme post.

Hey, if you only post once every ten days, don't worry, I'll still read. I've got you in my Google Reader!

Lion of Zion said...

LEORA:

i've always wanted to know how to do links in a comment. now i know and i am doing them all over the place (linking to my own blog of course). next you could tell us about google reader or other such devices so we don't have to keep on checking blogs to see if they've updated.

Baila said...

Welcome back, and I'm glad your daughter is okay.

We won't be able to see you???? There's gotta be a way....

Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Rafi has 7 kids and is a shochet...cool.

I have 7 kids...and I'm not a shochet, but have other hobbies too :)

Rafi G. said...

way to go.BTW, expect a visit from the goons. I hear rumors they have pegged you for this. I will see if I can divert them.

Jameel's hobbies are probably cooler than mine....

SuperRaizy said...

rafi-
I'm not afraid of the goons. I used to be married to one.
Jameel-
Do you really have 7 kids? Wow. Life must be hectic at the Muqata.
Baila-
You already know what I look like. My picture is posted right at the top of the page.
Leora and Ilana-davita-
Thank you!
LOZ-
Yes, I think that the city is planning on giving tickets to parents who let their kids run around barefoot in the playground. Does not seem like the right solution to me.

Jack Steiner said...

Seven kidss- hah! I have seven wives. Oops, did I just say that out loud.


Excuse me, I have to go back into hiding, you know how those girls are when you don't take out the trash.

Jewish Side of Babysitter said...

SuperRaizy: Glad to hear your daughter's hand is getting better.