Friday, November 21, 2008

Why Am I Still Talking About Pumpkins?

Four readers were nice enough to comment on my pumpkin post below, instead of yelling at me for posting about something so stupid (blog friends can be very supportive!). In appreciation, I offer this glimpse back to the autumns of our childhood, when "It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" was can't-miss TV:

(I apologize for the advertisement at the end; I don't know how to cut it off).

Anyhow, I'm off soon to meet my sisters for brunch. I can't remember the last time that we got together without our children in tow. I don't think that the restaurant we're going to serves pumpkin, but it should be fun anyway.
Wishing you all a warm and cozy Shabbat!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe the next post could be recipes that include pumpkins as one ingredient!

Leora said...

Thanks for bringing back fond memories. I love Linus.

RaggedyMom said...

Mmm, you just got me thinking about pumpkin risotto... I think pumpkins are kind of beautiful in their way!

Enjoy your family time!

SuperRaizy said...

ilana-davita-
No pumpkin recipes from me. Truth is, I don't even like the taste of pumpkin.
leora-
Linus is sweet, but I've always loved Schroeder. Poor kid just wants to sit and play his piano, and everyone is always bugging him.
raggedymom-
I have never made a successful risotto.
And thanks, the brunch was nice. We all ordered omelettes- I guess sisters tend to think alike!

Baila said...

I love risotto, but not pumpkins. (I do like how they look and remind you of the season, but got totally blasted for putting a pumpkin on my porch in Cedarhurst one year).

In Israel, Fall is just about starting now...