Those of us who are supporting Israel from far away (see post below) are looking for concrete, meaningful ways to help our fellow Jews in Israel. Here are a few ways that you can make a difference:
1. Pray, say Tehillim, learn Torah, or dedicate a mitzvah for the success of Israel's military and the safety of her citizens.
2. Contact the White House or your local Congressman or Senator to express your support for Israel. Politicians take their constituents' opinions seriously.
3. Give the besieged residents of southern Israel a break by sponsoring a recreational trip to a safe area. Operation "Take A Break" allows families to leave the stifling bomb shelters to which they are now confined and relieve the stress for a day. Go to Connections Israel to donate. (hat tip: Mother in Israel).
4. Raise the morale of an Israeli soldier or two by sending them a care package, hot pizza, or hot vegetable soup through any of these organizations: Friends of the Israel Defense Forces, Thank Israeli Soldiers, PizzaIDF, Standing Together
5. Donate to the organizations that supply vitally needed medical care to victims of terror attacks, rockets, and other violence: Magen David Adom, Hatzolah Israel, Zaka, Yad Sarah (hat tip: Treppenwitz)
However you choose to help, please do so now. Israel is engaged in an all out war and she needs our help now.
Update: Jack is collecting information about the war in Gaza and posting them as roundups. Click to read #1 #2 #3 #3.5(?) and #4.
Facebook Status of the Day - This Rabbi Yanklowitz seems to be an interesting character.. ------------------------------------------------------ *Reach thousands of readers with yo...
20 hours ago