Friday, January 2, 2009

Cold And Worried And A Tad Bit Tired

Cold: It's been a freezing cold week throughout the Northeastern U.S., and the stupid people who used to own my house removed the radiators from the kitchen and dining room when they renovated, so that part of the house is always cold. (The upstairs, however, is always too hot. We spend a lot of time turning the heat up and down and up and down.)
Worried: About the situation in Israel. My daughter keeps asking me if Savta (who lives in Tel Aviv) is all right. I keep reassuring her that she's fine.
A tad bit tired: I've been waking up 2-3 times a night. Not really sure why.
Looking forward to a relaxing Shabbat here in Brooklyn, and praying oh so hard for a safe and quiet Shabbat for everyone in Israel.

5 comments:

Baila said...

Shavua Tov.

Hope you were able to rest. I can totally relate to the awakening in the middle of the night.

Praying for strength and peace.

Leora said...

Hope you can relax. Take a few deep breaths. My thoughts and prayers are with the Israelis in the south and with the soldiers.

SuperRaizy said...

Baila and Leora-
Thank you, Shabbat was restful here. I just wish it had been as restful over there...

Anonymous said...

Two words: Space heaters
Our house is stone and does not have very good heat upstairs. Both bedrooms use space heaters and work very nicely.

SuperRaizy said...

Frayda-
I have a space heater, but I don't use it anymore because it causes the fuse to blow. Although I'm thinking that may be because the heater is a bit old. Maybe a newer, more efficient model would work better. I think I will look for a new heater. Thanks for bringing it up!