Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pretty Cool, Flash

Wonderwoman has gone to spend the weekend at the same bungalow colony where my son Flash is currently working. She and her brother have not seen each other in almost 6 weeks. (Keep in mind that both children have declared countless times in the past that they do not love each other at all.)
About an hour before Shabbat, the phone rings, and it is Wonderwoman calling to tell me that she has arrived safely. I ask her if she has seen her brother yet. She answers, laughing: "Yes, he's right here, and you won't believe it! When he saw me, he actually smiled and hugged me! How did you get him to do that from so far away?"
"It had nothing to do with me" I tell her. "He did that on his own."
"Well, it was pretty cool." she said.
I couldn't agree more.

2 comments:

Staying Afloat said...

I beg to differ. He did it on his own, but it did not have nothing to do with you. It's that planting and building thing.

Enjoy them! I hope my kids do that at their age.

SuperRaizy said...

"it's that planting and building thing"-
That's what Flash said. When I told him the next day that I was glad that he was nice to her, he said "yeah well, it's not like you haven't lectured me about this a million times already!"