Tuesday, March 23, 2010

No Longer A Virgin

About two weeks ago, I finally took the plunge.
After sitting on the sidelines watching my friends, my nieces, and my teenage son doing it, I decided that it looked like fun and that I wanted to join in.
So I did it.
I joined Facebook. I am no longer a Facebook virgin! (Wait a second... what did you people think I meant?)
Anyway, this Facebook thing is fun. Admittedly, it's an even bigger time suck than blogging is, but I've managed to reconnect with people I thought I would never speak to again. So far, I've "friended" 14 old classmates, two cousins that I never actually see, an old boyfriend, and my best friend from Israel who I lost touch with 10 years ago.
It seems that many people spend a lot of their Facebook time running some kind of weird farm and hunting down Mafia rivals. I'm not interested in that at all. I just want to hear how my friends are doing.
So if I've appeared to be a bit absent from the blogosphere, it's because a new love has been taking up my free time. But I would never turn my back on you guys (awww shucks). I'll be back real soon, because I've answered Jack's call to arms and will be hosting the Chol Hamoed Pesach edition of Haveil Havalim. First one to correctly guess what I'll be naming that edition of HH gets a big ol' kiss from SuperRaizy.
Y'all come back then, you hear?


6 comments:

Baila said...

I wanna be your friend!!! How do I find you on FB???

Mrs. S. said...

If you befriend all of us, you can combine the J-Blogosphere and FB into one giant time-wasting session. Just think of the possibilities...
:-)

Mystery Woman said...

Soo tempting to join Facebook, but I know that means I'll be spending way to much time on the computer in the little bit of time I'm home.
I can't get into FB at work. Jnet blocks it.

Anonymous said...

I'd like to be your friend too!

Lion of Zion said...

"it's an even bigger time suck than blogging is"

my friends always ask me why i don't join facebook. i tell them i waste enough time blogging.

Unknown said...

I recently caved in to FB myself. Sigh. More time to waste now in front of the computer.