Monday, September 15, 2008

Don't Threaten My Beatle!

Another day, another lovely threat from a homicidal Islamic militant.
But this time, it's serious.
According to Haaretz, some Muslim preacher named Omar Bakri has publicly warned Paul McCartney not to perform at a concert in Israel. Said the psychotic Mr. Bakri, "If he values his life, Mr. McCartney must not come to Israel. He will not be safe there. The sacrifice operatives will be waiting for him."
("The sacrifice operatives". Bakri has quite a way with words.)
In the past, other foreign performers have canceled Israeli appearances because of "security concerns". But my favorite Beatle is not so easily cowed. "I was approached by different groups and political bodies who asked me not to come here" he said. "I refused. I do what I think, and I have many friends who support Israel." (OK, so he didn't actually say that he supports Israel, just that he has friends who do. I'm going to give Pauly the benefit of the doubt and assume that this is due to ignorance and apathy, not to hostility.)
I have my own message to deliver to Bakri and his bullies: You leave my Beatle alone! I don't care what you do to Ringo, but don't touch my Paul or there will be hell to pay!
Besides, you Bozos, if McCartney can survive his nutjob ex-wife, he can certainly survive you.

9 comments:

Leora said...

Seems to me that performing under this kind of pressure is showing support for Israel. He doesn't have to agree with every little policy or action(does anyone?).

SuperRaizy said...

Leora-
good point.

Anonymous said...

When Roger Waters, formerly of Pink Floyd, came to Israel, he spent as much time making political pro-Arab displays as he did performing.

If Paul McCartney is just coming to perform and enjoy himself, in other words: treat Israel like a normal tour stop instead of some weird special case, that's huge support.

On a more important note, Richard Wright of Pink Floyd died yesterday. Now that's a loss.

Baila said...

I've been ruminating about Paul ever since they announced he's coming. I think I'll go post about it. Thanks for inspiring me.

Anonymous said...

If he is going that's fine, isn't it?

Lion of Zion said...

yeah, i think waters paid a highly publicized visit to protest the security barrier

cruisin-mom said...

ooo, a girl who loves Paul...I have a few posts I've written about Paul. I was going to marry him, you know, he just forgot.

SuperRaizy said...

cruisin-mom-
I love your Paul post! I don't even mind that you were the one who he really should have married. It's OK with me, because I was supposed to marry Andy Gibb until he, you know, died.

cruisin-mom said...

awww, poor Andy Gibb...poor you, but hey, there's still two other Gibb brothers to choose from ya know.