Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"It Was Like We Were Cousins"

The kids and I were lucky enough to be invited to spend Shavuot weekend with my best friend V and her family at their vacation home in a beach town a few hundred miles away. (V lives in another state, about a five hour drive from my home. I wrote about V previously here.) It was wonderful to get away, and even more wonderful for me to be able to spend some time with V and just talk and joke around. Probably the best part of the weekend, however, was watching our children hang out together. V has 3 children who are the same age as my 3 children, and they have always gotten along well on the few occasions that they have been together. This time, spending four whole days together really gave them a chance to bond, and they had a blast, laughing and teasing each other as they played cards and games, went swimming, and visited the haunted house at an amusement park. On the way home, I asked my daughter if she enjoyed hanging out with V's kids. "It was great", she said. "We had so much fun together. It was like we were cousins or something."

2 comments:

Lion of Zion said...

we went away to a camp for the chag with some friends. my son loves to spend time with their kids and it was a pleasure to watch him spend 3 days with them.

Anonymous said...

It is a true blessing to have this sort of relationship. You and your kids can obviously see and appreciate this.